Working at Invasion can be an amazing and fun experience. Working in events management you have to be quick thinking, sociable and very organised, and definitely up for a challenge. As well as organising events you also get to experience them, meaning that it is the perfect place for people who want to enjoy and great balance of working and travelling.
A lot of our staff start out as paid placement students who gain first hand experience of event organisation and then can’t resist the temptation to stay on and build their careers with us! We love people who are passionate about making a better travel experience for our customers, and who are comfortable networking and planning events.
To apply for any of these positions, please email your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Valuable experience
- Learn new skills
- International work experience
Gain an position with Invasion Travel and build your experience with one of the UK’s leading travel companies. This is great opportunity for people looking to work in the travel industry. Invasion Travel offers trips abroad to some of the most exciting destinations in Europe, including Ibiza, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin and many more.
Volunteers can be expected to work on the following items:
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of company software and the social media industry in general
- Placing sales calls over the phone to companies worldwide
- Logging all contacts with clients
- Provide assistance with the monthly sales & marketing strategy
- Social media marketing, blogging, email campaigns
- Administrative duties
- Researching new clients and partners for the company
- Visiting clients and doing product presentations
- Planning and organising trips
- Managing payment and finances for trips
- Administering recruitment
- Option to go on trips abroad as a REP
- Helping to move forward new trips and ventures
There is also great potential to gain a full-time position if the volunteer position is successful.
We can accommodate positions in all of our brands (Invasion Travel, Invasion Jobs, SnowVasion, Ibiza Invasion, etc) so if you’re interested please get in touch.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING
Invasion, one of the UK’s leading student lifestyle brands are recruiting a social media volunteer to come on board the team, helping to participate in various social media strategies which will see the company grow across multiple platforms. Roles will include the following:
- Monitoring latest trends to target key new stories and events
- Liase with graphic designers to produce captivating imagery
- Interact with followers via social media
- Schedule updates and monitor success
- Building unique presence across multiple social media platforms
- Being personal with followers as well as operating outside of normal hours
- Bringing a variety of marketing techniques to the Invasion Brand
The ideal candidate should be experienced with Facebook and twitter and also have a good grasp of the other social networks used. They should also have experience in some form of customer service, to prove that they know how to interact with and deal with customers. The placement will be for 3 months and although there is no direct salary, Invasion will cover travel expenses, as well as there being the potential of a full time job for people who make themselves valuable to the company. The Invasion office is a young and passionate team, with a work hard, play hard mentality – If you think you fit into this mould, then apply by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We are looking for a web designer with creative flair and commercial understanding, who can help us develop various new ventures within our company, Invasion Travel. You will be working on a wide variety of projects from websites, bespoke web applications and digital assets.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the web, showing strong motivation and close attention to detail as well as having a flair for design.
The ideal applicant should:
- Have experience using Adobe Fireworks, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant packages.
- Have a strong design portfolio.
- Possess the ability to lead on a project, when required.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Desired PHP and front-end web development commercial understanding.
- Understanding of creating designs for websites – essential.
- Ability to work to extremely tight deadlines.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to thrive and make a name for yourself within a growing business.
- An opportunity to work and gain experience in a fast paced, young, professional environment and be part of what will be the next big brand within the travel industry.
- Potential opportunity for full time future employment within the company.
Job responsibilities include:
- Full Web design for brand new website.
- Being proactive in recommending design and build improvements to existing website.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a creative and friendly environment with an impressive list of services. If you love the student based travel sector and want a place where you can grow then this placement could be the one for you!
Working in the Invasion head office in Manchester, Invasion are looking for a dynamic and sociable sales manager to join the team. The ideal candidate should have experience of the university society scene and also have experience running or working on the committee of a university society. The job of the Sales manager will be to network with University societies, sports teams and other organisations, with the aim to get them working in a partnership throughout the year with Invasion. Invasion can help the society through the organisation of trips, helping them to organise events and providing clothing and merchandise to the societies as well throughout the year. The job of the sales manager will be to manage this relationship as well as manage the sales of Invasion products and services to the society on a target driven basis. As well as bringing in and maintaining the contact, it will be sales managers role to help the society hit targets and liaise with the logistics co-ordinator to make sure that any trips and orders are delivered as required and that the society is happy with these.
The ideal candidate should be bubbly and have a passion for the travel industry.
INDUSTRY YEAR PLACEMENT
A year in Industry with Invasion Travel can be an amazing way to gain experience whilst at university that both fits your course, whilst enjoying yourself in a fun environment. We have a number of different roles that can be filled for all kinds of students, and will aim to create a placement that both helps you to learn and develop new skills whilst also getting to grips with the world of work. We tailor our positions to your course and try to find the best fit under one of the following categories. Whilst placements will be expected to help out with other areas of the business, they will largely be working under projects under their selected category.
The categories are as follows;
- Financial and Operations Assistant
- Sales Manager
- Business To Business (B2B)
- Marketing Assistant
- Customer services
When applying, please state what area you would like to be involved in. The year in industry is a highly competed for placement, with the few lucky enough to be selected enjoying access to university trips abroad throughout the year for free, so please outline in your cover letter why you would make the perfect candidate!
Are you a bubbly and sociable person? Do you like to travel and party? Are you looking to earn some extra cash whilst at university? Then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Invasion, one of the UK’s leading student travel companies, is looking to recruit a whole new team of Campus Managers to promote and represent the Invasion brand. Invasion prides itself on offering the best variety of travelling opportunities to the student market, including weekend breaks, the chance to work and volunteer abroad, as well as summer blowouts in Ibiza and Magaluf. We need people to join our team and help us spread the word across the UK.
The job will include you recruiting your own team of ticket reps (perhaps a perfect opportunity to get some of your friends a job), managing these reps, promoting on campus (flyering, poster distribution, etc) and managing social media campaigns. It provides you with the perfect opportunity to earn a lot of money from our excellent commission rates in a flexible way, fitted around your studies and other commitments. Furthermore, it will look great on your CV, demonstrating teamwork, responsibility and entrepreneurial initiative, all of which employers look for. Invasion treats its staff like family, so you will have support and advice from Invasion HQ throughout the year, if there is anything at all you may need.
We are looking for organised, enthusiastic and down-to-earth people who are willing to use a bit of initiative to achieve great results. If you impress us during your time as Campus Manager, there are a number of perks you could receive. People who have excelled promoting have the opportunity to join us on one of our trips to places such as Amsterdam and Ibiza, and all for FREE! In addition to this, following your time as Campus Manager there may even be opportunities for you to come and join us at our Manchester HQ for work experience placements, volunteer positions or even full-time work.
If you love travelling and meeting people then this may well be the job for you!! With such a variety of perks available for those who do well, you really do get out what you put in! So if you think you fit the bill, and are looking to (at the very least) earn some money, then get in touch or apply online with your CV and cover letter, telling us why you would be a great addition to the Invasion Team.
To apply for a Campus Manager position click here