10 Interesting Facts About Thailand
In the eyes of many travellers, Asia embodies the perfect travel opportunity, with amazing food, stunning beaches and delightful culture.Thailand continues to attract visitors from across the globe; here are just a handful of fun facts about the pearl of Asia:
- Every year, more than six million foreign tourists travel to Thailand, Asia, which makes it one of the most visited countries in the world.
- Thailand is home to the Craseonycteris Thonglongyai (the bumble bat), the world’s smallest mammal.
- Mudskippers originate from A, one of the world’s most interesting species. Even though they are fish, Mudskippers can walk onto land using their fin to drive their body and even climb trees. Unlike any other fish, they absorb oxygen through their skin.
- The population of Thailand, Asia is 69,189,398, which ranks it as the 20th most populated country in the world.
- 75% of Thailand’s population are Thai, 14% Chinese, and 11% other, including residents from other Asian countries as well as a significant population from Europe, Australia, the U.S., U.K., and other nations.
- One-tenth of all the animal species on earth live in Thailand.
- Thailand is the top orchid exporter in the world, with more than 1,500 species of orchids growing wild in the country.
- Thailand is home to a remarkable 1,430 islands, the most famous of which is Koh Phi Phi, which was featured in the movie The Beach.
- Thailand used to be known for its abundant elephant population with more than 100,000 of them roaming around a century ago. But now, there are only about 4,000 elephants in Thailand, less than half of them are in the wild.
- Known as the Land of Smiles, Thailand is ranked as the 13th friendliest country in the world according to the World Economic Forum.
Ready to uncover some interesting facts of your own that we can add to our list? https://apotheek247.com/viagra-voor-vrouwen-lovegra-100mg.htmlStart your Camp Thailand adventure HERE